Friday, November 15, 2013

Have a Wonderful Weekend!


How was your week?  Mine was busy and good.  I continued on my bluegrass/country music kick, and ended up falling further in love with Blake Shelton.  Yes, I know that he's taken.  But, with songs like this one, he can't help but make me swoon.  My goodness gracious. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!  I'll see you back here next week.  xox

* * *

Ten D.C. delivery and take-out pizzas to try.  I can vouch for Pete's (Sit on their patio in Friendship Heights if the weather's nice.) and Angelico.  And jumbo slice.  :)

Mystery-flavored Dum Dum lollipops, demystified.

Swiss artist and scientist Fabian Oefner uses gravitational forces to manipulate paint, then takes high-speed photographs to capture the result.  See his process here.

These gold leafed shell salt cellars (a mouthful!) would make pretty gifts for the holidays.

The annual Cheap Art Sale D.C., offering pieces for less than $50, is happening this Saturday in Mount Pleasant.

Oh!  And there's a phenomenal concert happening next weekend at the Kennedy Center.  The American Voices Concert will feature Renée FlemingAlison Krauss (!), Josh Groban, and other national treasures.  Unfortunately, only the fanciest tickets are available at this point, but if you have two hundred bucks kicking around and an open dance card for Saturday, November 23, then I think that I just helped you nail down some plans.  :)

(Image by Serge Leblon for Elle, via Fashion Bomb Daily.  Lollipop link via Cup of Jo; Fabian Oefner link via Laughing Squid; Cheap Art tip via B.)

2 comments:

  1. Love this blog! Eclectic random beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet feedback. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete