Tuesday, November 12, 2013

D'Orsay Flats and Friends


I'm in the market for a new pair of flats.  A favorite pair of black ones bit the dust, and I begrudgingly tossed them yesterday.  Their demise was mostly my fault, not just a result of the tough love that I tend to give my footwear.  Suede, soaked pavement, and long walks to the Metro do not mix, guys.  As if you needed reminding. :) 

Good thing for me, and for you, if you are also in the market for new flats, there are tons of gorgeous options out there right now.  Lots of styles embody both sass and sophistication, thus offering day-to-night and work-to-play versatility.  The cut-out d'Orsay style is still enjoying its moment, but other pointed-toe varieties are notable, too.


The top image shows these strappy d'Orsay flats.  The image just above shows the following pointy pairs, clockwise, from top left: metallic cut-out slippers, black d'Orsay flats, snake-embossed ballet flats, striped snake d'Orsay flats, and pointed flats with Mary Jane detail.

What do you think?  Have you worn the d'Orsay style, or would you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment