Monday, November 11, 2013

Alison Krauss and My New-found Bluegrass Love


After hearing Alison Krauss's Country Music Awards performance with Taylor Swift last week, I have been on a major bluegrass and folk music kick.  Pandora to the rescue: My newest station is influenced by Ms. Krauss and Sara Evans, with a dose of Sarah McLachlan.  The result is a revolving selection of songs with strong vocals, string instrumentation, and stirring melodies and lyrics.

My music tastes vary pretty widely.  Previous favorite Pandora stations have featured Australian electro-pop bands Sneaky Sound System and Empire of the Sun, flamenco-soul singer Buika, and hometown hero Tom Petty.  This new station takes me back to my North Florida roots, while speaking to my current stage in life, which has been marked by transitions that call for personal reflection.

Anyway, I thought that it would be nice to share new-found, unexpected favorites with you.  Click through for a few choice performances.

Enjoy!  xx







Do your musical preferences express themselves in phases?  Do you find new music through Pandora, traditional radio, or some other way?  And, are you a bluegrass fan?  If you have any musical recommendations, bluegrass-related or otherwise, I'd love to hear them.

(Image via Fanart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment