Friday, October 25, 2013

Have a Spooky Weekend!


Switching gears a bit: Halloween, OMG.  I'm going to a party this weekend.  I figured out my costume, which took a 180 from the idea I was planning on when I updated you last week.  If I muster up the courage, I may share a snapshot or two next week.  :) 

What are your plans for the weekend?  Will you be dressing up and going out, or staying toasty at home?  In any case, I hope you have lots of reasons to smile this weekend.  Here are a few bits and pieces from the web that I thought you'd enjoy.  xo E.

* * *

One hint as to my costume: it involves this lipstick, which is the perfect strong red (more orange/brown than blue in the undertone department) and very emollient.  I never really have been one for bright lip color, but am kind of excited about this.

If you have a pug to dress up for Halloween, here are a few hysterical ideas.

If you still need to figure out what to wear, these are some imaginative ideas.

Here are a bunch of DIY fall craft ideas that will keep your creative juices flowing post-crazy costume.  Start collecting those fallen leaves now!

I made a variation of this thyme-roasted sweet potato recipe last week, and yum.

Cleveland Park eatery Palena will transform its current café space into a coffee shop concept, serving coffee and fresh baked goods in the morning and moving into lunchtime fare at midday.  It's not clear whether the café will continue to offer dinner service, but let's hope it does.

Google Maps now show D.C. Metro lines.  Cool, huh?  The quirks mentioned in the link seem to have been fixed.

Here is a smooth, sexy tune from Spanish crooner Pablo Alborán.  If you like what you hear, try this one, too (The video gives a glimpse of my old stomping ground in downtown Madrid.).  And this one.  The sentimental lyrics brought a lump to my throat.

(Image from Apartment Therapy via House Beautiful; Palena tip via Eater; craft ideas via swissmiss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment