Thursday, September 26, 2013

Diane Keaton on Style


Diane Keaton in Los Angeles, 1975, via Diane Keaton Fan.

People recently featured a great mini-interview with Diane Keaton.

I've always appreciated Diane's style point of view -- she seems practical, irreverent, and unabashedly herself.  Amidst a 1970s sea of bold-print polyester, Diane chose muted menswear.

Photo via Yahoo! Shine.

In her People interview, Diane articulated her preference to wear color in brief shots:

"Colors as accessories punch more.  If it's the whole show, count me out.  I don't want to be in that show.  I mean, do you?" 

Diane's stance on color speaks to my own affinity for neutrals.  This topic probably deserves a post of its own, but, to give you an idea, an overwhelming proportion of my closet consists of neutrals.  I, too, prefer wearing color in concentrated doses. 

Do you have style "rules"?  Do any of them fly in the face of trend or convention?

No comments:

Post a Comment