Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorial Day Brunch Taquería Distrito Federal

Over the holiday weekend, we had a delicious (and filling, wow!) lunch/brunch at a little new-to-me place in Columbia Heights, Taquería Distrito Federal. We ate on the patio, under big red umbrellas (hence the pink-tinted photos below). 


On the menu: little corn tortilla tacos filled with chicken, fish, pork, beef, beef tongue, or goat, plus chopped cilantro and onion and a cool slice of avocado. They have a little trio of hot sauces sitting on every table, and the guacamole with fresh jalapeño was to die for. To wash it all down, we had agua de jamaica, a cool hibiscus flower infusion. 



3 comments:

  1. When can I go there? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog. Keep it going. You write so well!!
    I like this Taqueria. I go there with my good friend from Mexico. He is like my personal Zagat for Mexican food. I have never seen someone enjoy food as much as he does. Although our favorite authentic Mexican place in Adams Morgan closed, we found great Pastor and tongue tacos here. The weekend specials are great. Pozole and Menudo (sometimes called "Levanta Muertos" soups as they are so tasty and spicy that it wakes up the dead.. usually referring to a hearty soup for hangovers..
    The nice lady in the kitchen is very proud in the presentation of her food. Kudos to her.. Writing about food got me hungry.. Provecho to all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments and kind words! HPC, I couldn't agree more. The food at the taqueria was delicious and beautifully, yet simply, presented. Will definitely be back for more!

    ReplyDelete